Observational Humor

Just me commenting and complaining about life in general

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Me encanta Madrid

I had my Madrid meeting today and they were finally able to tell us some of the last few details they were still working out. I filled out some forms, found out some dates, and got a good basic picture of what I'll be doing there.

We're scheduled to meet in Madrid on September 18 but, since we'll be traveling there independently, we can go earlier if we'd like. A girl I'm fairly friendly with is thinking of doing that, and I'm starting to think its not such a bad idea either. We'll be living in student apartments and since we probably have to pay for the whole month anyways we might as well spend as much time there as possible, especially when we don't have classes to worry about.

Speaking of classes, I'll be taking four, count em four, Spanish language courses and one art history course. The great part is that the language courses don't start until October so for the first two weeks I'll only have one course to worry about. Not that classes should be too much of a struggle anyways considering they're all pass/fail.

After getting the nitty-gritty details out of the way-- passports, cellphones, transportation-- we finally got an idea of the daily life there. Most of the conversation revolved around food, coffee, and sangria so I'm pretty optimistic that I'll enjoy myself. Plus, we'll have plenty of opportunity to travel, both with the art history class and on our own. I'm really hoping to go to Morrocco, though we've been warned that women can't go "unaccompanied". I can just imagine how angry my uber-feminist mother would get there. It'd be like watching MTV's Boiling Points except instead of getting a hundred bucks, she'd get stoned and thrown into jail.

Now all I need to do is find myself a summer job so I can finance this excursion. Looking at how much I'm capable of spending here, I don't know how I'm gonna cope in the "most expensive city". So if anyone's willing to donate to the Jane Goes to Madrid Fund, you know where to find me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home