Observational Humor

Just me commenting and complaining about life in general

Sunday, April 15, 2007

When I went to bed last night, the rain was just starting, a light drizzle that my knit sweater, held above my head, could protect me from. This morning, I awoke to near-darkness and the noise coming from our window air conditioner told me the rain had picked up.

Now, after checking weather.com, as I do religiously, i find out its going to be raining pretty much all week: Tonight, heavy rain; Monday, showers; Tuesday, showers; Wednesday, cloudy (what a relief!); and Thursday, what else, showers. Then, after a so-so weekend, it'll be back to mostly cloudy weather.

On a day like today, when you want to do nothing but lye around anyways, i dont mind the rain. I snuggle up under a blanket, watch tv, and eat way too much. For one weekend day, its not so bad. But theres nothing I hate more than a rainy weekday--walking from class to class, trying to keep hold of your umbrella, the bottom of your paints soaked to your knees from deceptively deep puddles. And that's when I can even make myself get out of bed. Mostly I don't want to do ANYTHING. I have your classic case of Seasonal Depression. Cold and/or rainy weather makes me miserable: I have zero motivation, Im tired, and Im cranky. I go on an all Skittles diet, daydream about my grade school school bus, and lie in bed with my Barbie coloring book, just to degrade myself later for the poor quality of my artwork. If I lived in Seattle, I would be a complete psycho. Or at least more so than I already am.

I'm gonna try to hang in there this week but it's definitely gonna be tough, and I'm probably not gonna be a person im proud of. So if anyone has any prozac, please send them to me, in large doses, because its looking like its going to be a LONG few days, and I really don't want the authorities coming to take me away for listening to One Sweet Day on repeat for 48 straight hours. So any donations, anything you have, would be greatly appreciated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home