Observational Humor

Just me commenting and complaining about life in general

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Are we there yet?

There are just too many exciting things to look forward to for me to possibly think about work.

I went to the library today for about 2 and a half hours to work on my English paper but I didn't manage to get much done. Ok, so only like 20 minutes of that time was actually spent on writing the paper, but why split hairs. Anyways, I hope you all liked the messages I left on your facebook walls.

Maybe I could have concentrated better If I hadn't been messaging back and forth with Katie and Becky about my upcoming trip to Penn State. I've known the Hops since I was like 4 but, since we both moved away from our old neighborhood over ten years ago, we've only seen each other once every few years. Luckily though, whenever we do get together, its like nothing's ever changed. And as my mom always says, that's how you know a true friend.

However, it wasn't just the fact that I was talking to them that got me so distracted but rather the topic of our conversation- my impending trip with Katie to Penn State. We'll be going with Betsy, another old friend of ours, to see Becky and to celebrate my cousin Trish's 19th bday. It's going to be a complete reunion- the first time the five of us have hung out together in over 5 years. And, I believe, the FIRST time we'll all be getting wasted together.

So all afternoon we've been posting messages about what ridiculous item from our past we'll be bringing with us- fun-dip, Huggies, sleeping-bags, Boogity, my brother's underwear (don't ask). Clearly, I can't be expected to concentrate on "how the association between war and masculinity is complicated in Regeneration" when my mind has been filled with thoughts of Piggly Wiggly!
Add in the fact that just a week from tomorrow I'll be traveling to BeanTown to see Aaron Karo with Liz, and the idea of me doing any type of work is pretty much impossible.

I'll apologize now because I'm pretty sure this will be the topic of my blog for the next few weeks. My mind can't seem to process anything beyond Boogity, Boston, beerpong, and bar tabs. Which isn't really a problem for me so much, but let's just hope my professors feel the same.

1 Comments:

At 11:35 PM, Blogger Frankie said...

hahaha. This may be a little inconsequential, but I love the way you can write with such humor. I'm really so envious of it. It's very editorial-writer-esque, which is something I cannot seem to do to save my life. Anyway, I just wanted you to know that you'd make a kick ass journalist if you wanted to. I'm excited for your adventures! Be sure to keep me posted on how they turn out! And fun-dip! Man, I haven't thought about that stuff in years...what a quality candy. Have FUN!

PS. Make good choices.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home