Observational Humor

Just me commenting and complaining about life in general

Thursday, June 01, 2006

My Last Few Days

Well, although Monday was still very busy, things were a lot better than they had been Sunday. I was able to keep the influx of people under control and the chaos to a minimum. Again, there were only three waitresses on which really seemed to be the problem. Unfortunately, when the place gets really busy I think people tend to blame me; I don’t lore the people into the place, I just seat them when they come. And, unfortunately, people tend to come in packs, making things extremely hectic. It was a long arduous day but considering I made $75 on tip-outs I can't complain. Plus, when Gigi came in to eat, she really pissed off the kitchen staff by sending her bacon back to be cooked more. Screams of “what a bitch” could be heard throughout the kitchen. It was really nice to hear after the attitude she had given me the day before.

Tuesday, on the other hand, was much more calm. With the Memorial Day crowd gone and the summer vacationers not out yet, there wasn't many people on the island- just how I like it. Erin, my boss, wasn't in either so the day was even more relaxed. It was only me, Gigi, and Sara M on, and by 1 o'clock we cut Sara so she could get some rest before her night shift. Gigi and I spent the entire day dicking around with Morgan and Billy, who were working the kitchen, and Gigi's two friends who came in for lunch and drinks. Luckily, Gigi’s stick seemed to have been dislodged from her ass, so things were much more pleasant between the two of us. I didn't make much money but it was well worth it for the amount of fun I had.

Gigi's friends Justin and Mark, who came in at 12, ended up getting wicked cocked, as they would say here in Rhode Island. They had three Long Island Ice Teas, 3 tequila sunrises, 2 mimosas, and, thanks to encouragement from me, a Jaeger Bomb. We don't have Redbull at the Grill, but because I wanted to see them do one so bad, I offered to run down the block and get them one. Well two hours later, these boys were off their ass: Mark was talking way too loud for comfort, Justin could barely walk, and I was extremely happy Erin wasn’t in to witness the disaster.

That night, after painfully watching these boys drinks the day away, I was ready to go out and have a good time as well. Billy and I decided during the day that we should all go to Trader’s, a bar located on the docks of New Harbor, for their famous mudslides. That evening, Sara and I made cocktails and walked the trails before having dinner and swinging through town to pick up my friend Ingrid. We then drove over to New Harbor to meet up with the rest of the Harbor crew.

Although a good crowd from Harbor Grill came out, the rest of the place was deserted. At first we weren’t even sure if they were open since not a single person was in sight. We quickly filled up the little downstairs bar, however, and made the lonely bartender happy with our long, elaborate orders. After grabbing our mudslides, which were even tastier than I had remembered, we went up stairs to sit outside on the roof deck.

We stayed there and chilled for awhile but my friend George was soon itching to head over to club Soda for Kareoke Night. Mostly everyone else went to Nick’s but Sara, George, and I hit up Soda so he could sing his little heart out. He desperately tied to get me to join him, but as anyone who’s heard me before knows, I am a terrible singer, so I declined for the comfort and sanity of the other patrons. He swears he’ll get me on stage before the summer’s over, but unless several shots proceed that, I highly doubt it will happen. I’m trying to keep what little bit of pride I have left in tact.

This weekend Kelly, Mayu, Chris, and Mike are coming to visit so we should have a busy and exciting two days. Mike’s never been and Kelly hasn’t recently, so we will have to show them a good time here. Until then Sara and I will be taking it easy, resting up for the crazy weekend that Im sure lies ahead. Hopefully Chris won’t be too mad when I have to work the whole time, as he was last time he visited us, but at least this time he’ll have plenty of company.

Updates on Philly’s invasion of Block Island to come soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home