Observational Humor

Just me commenting and complaining about life in general

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Rain and the Ukraine

After four extremely boring days at work I finally have the day off. And its raining-pouring, actually. So much for a day of tanning at the beach.

Regardless of the weather, I'm still relieved to have the day off. The last few days have been hellish at work. Because its still so early in the season, and the weather is less than stellar, nobody has been coming in to the restaurant. I spend most of my days absently staring out at the street hoping somebody will come in to eat.
My only entertainment has been the training of our two new Ukrainian waitresses, Inna and Riana. Their English is not so hot and they aren't exactly familiar with American custom and cuisine so their waitressing skills aren't so good. Its difficult to serve breakfast when you don't know what toast is.

Not only does their behavior cause these girls to stand out, but their clothing is a dead giveaway that they aren't American. It in fact screams "Eastern Euro". Inna came in yesterday with pointy reptile skin boots, Riana had very tight shiny pants on, and both were rocking the scrunchies- velvet, rhinestoned scrunchies. I keep thinking about the scene from Euro Trip where the eastern German man is so excited that they just started getting Miami Vice on TV there. Its exactly like these girls.

Well, since the beach is obviously out of the question today, I'm going to take care of some chores that need to be done. My friends Gigi and Morgan might be coming over for dinner so I need to do some hardcore grocery shopping for the feast we have planned. Then its laundry, cleaning, maybe a trip to the dump. It's a busy little Wednesday I have planned, a nice break from drooling at the hostess stand at the Horror Grill. Maybe if I have time though I'll give Inna and Riana a call. We could listen to some David Hasselhoff records, paint some eggs, you know all that stuff Ukrainians love. Ahhh, God bless Europeans- and stereotypes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home