Observational Humor

Just me commenting and complaining about life in general

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Happy Birthday, Emily!

Ok, so technically Em's bday has passed, but tonight is the party and we all know that is what really counts. The night is going to be quite the extravaganza. In her typical fashion, Emily is throwing herself a surprise party (yeah, you read that right). And, if you know Emily, you know she will not settle for anything less than excessive. She and her fiance have rented a Hummer limo for the event, which will drive her and her friends around to various bars for the evening. There's going to be mojitos, champagne, and, obviously, shear debauchery. Considering the havoc we wreak on an average night, I can't imagine what will happen when we really have an excuse to party.

Of course, my cousin Emily has never been "mild-mannered". When she was younger, she was rarely allowed caffeine or sugar because of the adrenaline rush it gave her. Now, at twenty-five, alcohol seems to have the same effect on her. Put a few drinks in her and the girl is all over the place. And, because she likes so much to be the center of attention, I think her own birthday party will be the perfect venue for her to display this rowdiness. I expect- and in fact demand- lots of dancing, yelling, and maybe even a little encounter with a stripper pole (don't think I've forgotten Boone, Em). And, ofcourse, I plan to get every embarrassing moment on camera to show our dear eighty-five year old grandmother later this week. I mean, what else are cousins for if not to harass and humiliate you? Really, I consider it a sign of love.

So Happy Birthday, Em. I absolutely adore you and can't wait for tonight (and many more nights to come)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home