Observational Humor

Just me commenting and complaining about life in general

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I know I haven’t really been keeping up with my entries but its been for good reason: not only have the last few weeks been really busy at work (excluding this past one), but I have also started another job, and at the same time moved out of the Lapham’s lovely home into employee housing. I was really sad to leave this house I had gotten so accustomed to and especially upset to say goodbye to Fiona and Sandro who I spent many wonderful days with, but it has also been really nice living in town. I get an extra half hour of sleep each night, I’m within walking distance to the bars, and I’m much closer to all of my friends. Hell, I haven’t even minded rooming with Paulina, a very "intense" Polish waitress from the Grill. All in all, the past three weeks have been pretty good.

However, despite all of this, I’m so ready to go home. I miss my friends, I miss my bed, I miss my mommy and daddy. In the short two weeks I’ll be home before shipping off to Spain there’s so much I want to do and so many people I need to see. Already I am set to celebrate my cousin Emily’s 25th on the 16th and I’m trying my best to get to Carlisle for a night to visit Freddie. But I also want to do so much other stuff. I want to hang out at Towey’s and Solaris, I want to have dinner with my grandmother, I want to visit friends at school, and go shopping in an actual mall. I was supposed to have drinks with an old boss and a former teacher. I should be making doctors and dentists appointments and maybe even catching up on some much needed sleep. But, in the words of Frank the Tank, “I don’t know if I'll have enough time”.

But I do know I will try my hardest to do all I can and, unfortunately for my mental and physical health, I’m pretty sure appointments and sleep will be the sacrificed tasks from my list. Obviously, Towey’s and Solaris will not be neglected. And I do know that I will definitely be at Emily’s birthday party, an event that, after our excursion in Cape May, I’m very much looking forward to. I’m pretty sure I’ll be able to hit up Carlisle one night as well, but I also know Freddie will be understanding if I don’t, although I’ll be sorry to miss the opportunity. And in the end, I’m just going to try and remind myself that I will have plenty of time for all the college road trips during the Spring Semester, when I will be spending almost every weekend visiting someone or another. There’s no need to go all Jessie Spano and get hopped up on Speed: my world will survive if I don’t have lunch with Coach Ed or if I don’t make that trip to H&M. What’s most important is getting myself to Madrid and doing the best I can to see some friends before hand.

But, until then, I still have another week in Block Island. Now that Labor Day is over, things should be a lot more relaxed and I will hopefully be able to make the most of my final days. Tonight we will be celebrating the end of Breakfast at the grill, which means that for now on ill get an extra THREE hours of sleep each morning, and tomorrow night is our staff party, a three hour sailing trip followed by dinner at the Spring House. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate for the event and everyone will have a good time. But mostly I just hope that I can ignore that little itch to go home long enough to enjoy my short time left.

Countdown to Staff dinner: 20 hours

Countdown to my return to Philly: 1 week, 1 day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home