Observational Humor

Just me commenting and complaining about life in general

Thursday, September 21, 2006

What Will they Think of Next?

Redbull, Monster, Rockstar, we've all heard of the energy drinks. I myself was a Redbull-aholic until I developed a heart murmur and found out my heart would explode if I kept drinking it. But now these companies have taken it one step further and developed a new drink: Cocaine.

No, seriously.

An energy drink billed as a "legal alternative" to the drug, it is 350 percent stronger than Redbull. An ingredient has also been added to numb the throat, just as the drug does. Creator James Kirby says, "I can think of no other product except real Cocaine that could have that effect on the public".

That's friggin scary. What I want to know is, if this is going to provide the same effects as cocaine, why should this be legal but not the "real" thing. After all, they never claimed it was a "safe" alternative, just legal. What is wrong with our country? I can't buy beer on Sundays, but an 8 year old can go buy a drink that will pump 280 milligrams of caffeine into their system. Something's not adding up.

Now, I'm not suggesting that energy drinks should be banned or that you should have to show ID to buy one, but I am wondering how far these companies are going to go. How much more caffeine can we put in one drink? Where do you draw the line? Are we gonna have liquid ecstasy, liquid acid, liquid heroin? And, more importantly, if we do, where can I get some?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home